[pct-l] Late Start Northbound?

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Mon May 25 15:49:41 CDT 2009

You will really have to decide for yourself. Yes, it's getting hot.

Water has been holding ok, but as the temperatures heat up the streams
will dry up. Water caches are usually maintained only during the peak
season. Last year Third Gate was stocked well so the water lasted all
summer, whether that is true this year is yet to be seen. The rest went
dry or almost dry; some reports came in early this year of a half-gallon
or so left over from last year.

Also be aware the water reports only show what someone said they found
on a given day. As the weather gets hotter, there are fewer hikers and
therefore fewer water updates. Check the dates. The best advice I heard
on the accuracy of the water reports is: If the report says dry, it's
dry. If the report says water, it might have water, or it might be dry!

AsABat