[pct-l] Vasquez Rocks

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Thu May 28 10:41:04 CDT 2009

Vasquez Rocks, and Agua Dulce in general, is within 50 miles of the
Hollywood studios, and within that golden circle the studios do not have to
pay per diem expenses.  Added to that we have clearer air quality than
closer to the coast, which is very important when filming.  They've been
making films here since the early days of silent films.

Many, many of my neighbors work in the industry -- from producers, actors,
and stunt men to grips and honey wagon drivers. We watch the SAG
negotiations very closely, as much of our local economy benefits from the
film industry.

This year some hikers went up to the catering tent on a big shoot in Vasquez
Rocks and said they were extras.  They were fed lavishly and given lots of
ice cold tea.  Timing is everything!

L-Rod