[pct-l] Oregon Sec B update

RJ Lewis karmagurl at cox.net
Fri May 29 08:57:58 CDT 2009

The term for the rock you guys are describing is "Scoria". Scoria is a
basaltic, volcanic rock full of air holes. Unlike pumice, it doesn't
float.  They use it on the highways cause it's tough wearing- but also
tough on the tires of your car. :(   (and your shoes!!)  My hubby is a
road construction vetran in his 34th season, and thought you guys might
appreciate knowing that.

Peace!
SoulSista