[pct-l] (no subject)

joph at piedmontbsa.org joph at piedmontbsa.org
Fri May 29 23:18:19 CDT 2009

Carolyn,

Thank your for your comments with which I agree completely. I see that this
not going to apologize for my actions. I chose to share my journal in part
because I hoped to help others with dogs make good decisions about whether
and when to take them. Mr. C. has hiked most of the PCT outside of National
Parks. By sharing my journal, I thought that others could learn about the
problems that dogs have on long distant hikes, service dogs or not, they
all walk the same trail. I also shared it because naively, I thought I had
something to say.

My medical status is a private issue and doesn’t belong as a topic on the
list serve and yet some people want to make it so. Yes, people have the
right to ask me why, and thankfully, I have the right to say it’s none of
their business. So, if one wants to infer some nefarious motivation from
that, it’s their problem not mine. I have nothing more to say on this
subject.

I will say that I follow the rules almost all the time--I'm not perfect, as
I said before. If you will look at the photo that Scott so obligingly
posted, there is a leash hanging from Mr. Cody. It is not possible to take
a photo of a dog with one hand holding a leash. Consider that.

jo

Message: 6