[pct-l] need partner

mary owen middlechidly at yahoo.com
Sun May 31 21:30:43 CDT 2009

I'm planning on thru-hiking the trail beginning April of 2010.
However, I need a partner.
I gather the way these things normally go is that you kind of group up with other thru-hikers, so you aren't technically alone although you are solo.
Here's my problem though, I have a dead line: September 1st. (actually August 30th would be preferable). From what I've seen, most thru-hikers aren't really interested in bookin it.
But I need a strong, reliable partner (female) who would be willing to go at a pretty good pace and perhaps fore go a few of the traditional stops and hangout opportunities. I need someone who would be willing to condition for 20 mile days, before starting the trail - not during. And I need someone who isn't going to get halfway through central CA and decide that they've had enough.
I am strong, determined, but pretty easy going. I get along with pretty much everyone, and I'm not picky about people's different quirks and personality traits. I'm 19 btw (will be 20 when I start the trail), and I want to be able to do this before I get into college and everything else.
Please let me know if you are interested or know anyone who might be, (reply to my email address). I'm open for other suggestions, too.

mum.