[pct-l] End of Earth in 2012

LOUIE KROLL louie.kroll at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 03:41:40 CST 2009

You'll have to forgive me for posting back to back once again, but I'm
trying to figure out just what kind of band of lunatics is going to be
on the trail come 2010.

All of this crazy talk about coyotes, and black bears, and rapists and
the end of the world make me wonder if even one sane person wants to
walk to Canada?  Do any of you fear mongers realize how benign it
actually is in the Sierras?  How often the sun shines?  How kind the
weather is for essentially, the ENTIRE walk?  We're safer on the trail
then any one of us is in our own homes.  I hope the joke is on me and I
just didn't get it.

Because I plan on enjoying myself.  I am going to have fun.  I am going
to partake in all the fish and bird the mountains grant to me.  And what
I won't be doing is entertaining all of the silly worries about Lions
and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!  I'll be sleeping like a baby every night.
Because, apparently I know something all the paranoid people don't know.

This trip is supposed to be an escape from fear, it is supposed to be a
peaceful walk, a contemplative time.  A Mission.  When the wilderness
becomes nothing more then an extension of the fears we carry around with
us in the "world", then God help us all.

Plan on having fun.  Your failures won't be because you got attacked by
a bear, or a rapist- you'll fail because you quit on yourself.  And that
is the hard truth.