[pct-l] End of Earth in 2012

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Nov 4 14:19:08 CST 2009

Your post is awesome, Louie. You have it exactly right. The trip is
an escape from fear. It's a journey into Middle Earth. It's a
wonderful, safe, magical experience. You captured it correctly.

The thing is, the people on the trail know this, but most people on
this list do not. Every dire warning on this list is total hype.
You'll hear this complaint many times when you're out on the trail.

Since we're entering the lull time, expect this list to hype into
warp speed with dire warnings about everything. Don't worry. These
aren't the lunatics you'll be hiking with. Those lunatics are smelly,
hairy and happy.

Diane