[pct-l] Short mileage days

Erik The Black erik at eriktheblack.com
Wed Nov 4 15:10:46 CST 2009

Yes, this has happened to me.

I find that after thru-hiking I can't stop for very long. I often go hiking
in the woods behind my house with the intention of finding a nice spot to
relax and read a good book... but I start to feel anxious after sitting for
more than a few minutes, and I have to get up and walk some more.

I will usually make it all the way back home without ever having taken the
break I had intended to. Even at home I do a lot of unconscious pacing back
and forth in my office... or walking around in circles in my yard.

Maybe it has something to do with the increased circulation and heart-rate,
or maybe it's psychological. But I find that now I just feel much better
walking than not walking.

-Erik the Black
www.pctatlas.com

Message: 2