[pct-l] Influence of El Nino for 2010?

Carey Russell carey at kestrelfilms.com
Thu Nov 5 13:23:52 CST 2009

I'm currently preparing for a thru-hike of the PCT for the summer of
2010 and am curious if others are discussing the potential affects of
El Nino weather patters for 2010.  I'm only marginally familiar with
this cyclical pattern, but my understanding is that the western U.S.
should be receiving   increased precipitation including extra snow in
the Sierras.  Because of this, my concern is that the high sierras may
not be passable until much later in the hiking season.  Any thoughts
or experiences from previous El Nino years on the PCT?

Thanks, Carey