[pct-l] 2010 section D crossing

canoeman at qnet.com canoeman at qnet.com
Fri Nov 6 22:53:20 CST 2009

My wife and I are discussing helping thru hikers next year, bypass the burn.
Here is our plan that depends on how the sections open up, and my work
commitments.
We live just about right at the devils punchbowl.
So here is my suggestion
If the sheep fire is still closed and I doubt it will be.
turn up lone pine canyon  paralleling the Lytle creek ridge a half mile away, to
Wrightwood, to acorn trail, up to blueridge,  traverse PCT to Burkhart trail,
then down to  to devils punchbowl,  or ridge-walk the Pleasantview ridge to
Littlerock dam,cross road to Mt. Emma trail  to Angles National Forest  Hwy to
Aliso canyon to Agua Dulce.
If the foothill walk or ridge-walk is not preferred, then along Ft Tejon rd(a
small two lane country road) to my emma to angles national forest to aliso to
aguadulce.
I was walking pleasant view ridge behind my home three weeks ago and the ridge
is clear of chaparral and a very pleasant route. the elevation of the ridge is
about 6800 feet, and has an incredible view for the entire south western Mojave
desert  all the way to the Sierras.
I think I should discuss this with the powers that be at the PCTA and see what
they think.
What do you think.