[pct-l] Bees

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Tue Nov 10 20:30:40 CST 2009

With bees and wasps, the Queen and all workers are female.

Drones are males, and serve only reproductive functions. There are very few in each colony and once the queen has mated with one, the remaining drones are driven out of the hive to die. The drone that flew away with the queen doesn't return from his experience.