[pct-l] Headlamps

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Wed Nov 11 12:01:43 CST 2009

An EXCELLENT choice in that lamp category!

Also, the advice on getting the "covert" bulb model is spot on!  I
have one of these and it's on a clip with my whistle. (Yes, I'm a gear
geek.  I'm hoping to leave a small fortune of gear at home when I get
to the PCT!  ;-)

You were also right that a light the is too close to in-line with with
your eyes will not reveal the contours of the trail.  This is largely
due to the lack of shadows.

I use the spare headband holder for my Zebralight on the chest strap
of my pack and get enough shadows to make walking a lot easier.

BillB