[pct-l] bet you dont have one of these babies

canoeman at qnet.com canoeman at qnet.com
Wed Nov 11 22:30:28 CST 2009

Oh cool. my wife would never let me hang out with you ;->, a fellow gadget
a-holic
I went through a knife/ gadget phase in the 90's and bought a bunch of knives
and started making some, including a huge ridiculous bowie knife which is still
unfinished, all in storage in the storage bin.
I mostly collected really fine pocket knives as well as all the standard
randals, buck, russel, camillus, and some of my favorite little gentleman's
pockets knives BOKER.
Now they all sit in nice velvet cases, hiding in storage :-)
But the one that people find most striking is this one.

http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=60

I don't take it out, afraid I might lose it or the police might confiscate it
if
I was ever pulled over.(police love to make their own rules, when it comes to
knives, then try and get it back) :-)

So In my truck next to my space blanket, and first aid kit I usually just carry
a Swiss army Champ, the old one with the built in analog Swiss watch, and little
tiny emergency kit in leather pouch that came stock with signasl mirror,
string, compass, whet stone, fishing line and little tiny, tiny   folded
survival instructions.
I have a couple of spydercos but usually only carry the little tiny swiss army
key chain knife, like this its about the size of your baby finger, I use it all
the time for little things.

http://www.swissarmy.com/MultiTools/Pages/Product.aspx?category=everyday&product=54031&

and I have this tiny knife on my keys, it looks just like a key.
its very strong.
Never been stopped  entering buildings or such places when I have forgotten it
was on my key ring.

I just love the engineering and craftsmanship of a little tiny gentleman's
pocket knife, some are so pretty.

ebay is always a good source for half price treasures