[pct-l] Great News for hikers with extensive backpacking experience

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Nov 11 18:45:32 CST 2009

This is Great News!!!....since Andy will not be guiding the "High Sierra
Route Trek"  perhaps Stephen and I can be the guides.
Stephen and I have been criss-crossing the Sierra for many years and off
hand I can not think of anybody that knows the Sierra better than
Stephen and I.
And, since Stephen and I are "far" better looking than Andy, we could
demand a premium rate...perhaps as high as $500/day.
Hiker babes will not blink an eye to be guided through the Sierra by
handsome guides like Stephen and I.
Perhaps we hire Switchback to be the cook.

Yes, I can see the headlines already....for a once in a lifetime
experience,  "Experience the High Sierra"  with Switchback,
JMT Reinhold and Stephen.

I bet the phone will ring of the hook and we will be backlogged for a
year or two.

JMT Reinhold
The most handsome guide of the Sierra
If Skurka is guiding the Sierra High Route it¹s not going to be next
year as he is doing this: http://andrewskurka.com/AK10/index.php >/From
my November Adventure Mag Issue, page 54: /Thru-hike the Sierra with
Southern Yosemite Mountain Guides and Andrew Skurka, on the 195 mile
Sierra High Route. Price: $6,495, Length 26 days (or $250 per day for
7.5 miles per day). Limit 6 hikers. Steve Roper, the SHR "route founder"
says in his guide intro that he really considered pros and cons before
he wrote his guide; he wanted the High Route to remain pristine. I hope
a party of eight hikers camping every 7.5 miles, on average, treads
lightly. Marcia