[pct-l] Move on up the trail

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Tue Nov 17 19:51:10 CST 2009

Might be too much of a culture shock after cubicles:  Seiad Valley and the
Klamath River area. I moved here 20 yrs ago, and found a home. It's pretty
much wilderness everywhere here.  I like it.
~
Hey gang

I am thinking about retirement.  If I do, I want to move out of Los Angeles
and settle somewhere in middle California or the lower half or Oregon.  I
want to settle somewhere near the trail and major highways, as hiking will
become an even bigger part of my life than it is now. I'm looking for a
mid-size town with a fairly liberal atmosphere, not too expensive, mild
climate (don't want to be snowed-in during the winter).  Anyone have some
suggestions on towns to look at?  I've been in this cubical for far too
long.  Oh, to be a wondering.

Shepard