[pct-l] Where to retire

lucymann at comcast.net lucymann at comcast.net
Wed Nov 18 12:22:42 CST 2009

Check out Angels Camp California - It is not too far from wonderful hiking (including the PCT near Ebbetts Pass) and Yosemite and you could live on an absolutely beautiful golf course if you also like that kind of thing. We lived on the golf course even though we don't hike and really enjoyed the amenities like the pool and hot tub (without the work) and hiked every chance we got. You are not far from San Francisco if you suddenly crave the big city but it is a small town ( with some very fine restaurants in the vicinity). What we enjoyed the most was all the sunshine so we could hike, snowshoe, ski almost anytime in comfort.

Lucy Mann - hopeful thru-hiker in 2011

Message: 8