[pct-l] What Mags is really saying...

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 20 14:38:38 CST 2009

Scott wrote:

With so many squares to land on, I just thought it was interesting you chose

the one you did.

Paranoid ranting from a failed backpacking gear salesman aside, let's turn
the premise around and see if it makes sense:

The highest, best form of interaction on pct-l is that every question be
answered in three words - "Read the FAQ!"  Personal interaction is to be
discouraged and ultimately eliminated altogether.

Hmmm, no, that concept doesn't give me warm fuzzies either.

Perhaps a balance is called for, as Mags described: "That's a great
question, and here's my opinion (blah, blah, blah) and by the way, you can
find other opinions and probably answers to questions you haven't even
thought of yet in the PCT FAQ."

Yeah, that feels about right.

Just sayin'.

Eric