[pct-l] shoes

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Sat Nov 21 12:15:15 CST 2009

J J wrote:
> Hi all. Was hoping you guys could comment on shoes that were used.
> Whatever they may be, trail runners, boots, etc. Pros and cons. You
> get the idea. I live in south florida and don't have any outfitters
> down here where I can try on a variety of shoes. If it helps with
> suggestions, I pronate, 5'09, 170-80. Thank you all so much.

Merrell Moab Ventilators. The reason I got them was that they were the
only lightweight shoe I could find that had enough wiggle room in the
toe box.

I had terrible blisters that took me off the trail at mile 151. I don't
know how much the shoes had to do with it. Another thru made it all the
way in the same shoes, but he also has a lot more trail miles behind him
than I do.

They are worth a try, but there may be something better out there.