[pct-l] shoes

Hernandez hernand at magicriver.net
Sat Nov 21 15:46:33 CST 2009

I recommend having your feet, stance, and gait measured.  This can be done
at a reputable shoe store, preferably one that specializes in track and
field/jogging/running shoes.  If you can't find one in your area, stop by a
local college and ask the cross-country/track teams & coaches where they
gear up.  A physical therapist can also do this, for some $.  Also, as
Squatch said before, your feet (if you're like most folks) will expand in
length & possibly width the further I your thru you go.

I found that Solomon was my go-to brand.  I wore injinji toe socks as a base
layer, with wool socks over them.  Dirty Girl gators would have been cool,
but instead I went overboard with expedition class OR gators.  I do
recommend gators of some sort over the whole trail; they not only ward off
snow, but pebbles, mud, and a good deal dust also.

Everybody's feet are different, even our left from our right, so find out
about your feet first, then find the shoe/sock/knot/gator combo best for
you.

Allbest,

H.R. HuffnPuff