[pct-l] Pct-l Digest, Vol 23, Issue 59

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Mon Nov 23 13:26:38 CST 2009

Or if you are more interested in the gps side of the equation look into the
new Garmin Colorado 500 gps's that take photos. In any case check the
quality of the photos you take. I wouldn't be satisfied with 3 mb photos
anymore.

Another alternative is to carry a gps with you when taking pictures. Be sure
to sync the clocks between the gps and the camera. There are several
programs that will "geotag" your pictures from the gps's active track log by
comparing the times. The geotag information gets written to the EXIF data
associated with the picture.

I just called up one of my old photos to check out these facts. I used
IrfanView (a free program) to view the photo. Under the Image menu item
selected the Information item. Then selected EXIF Information button. Then
selected "Show in Google Earth" button and up popped the view of Crater
Lake! Pretty cool stuff!

Ken