[pct-l] Starting Rumors?

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 15:13:37 CST 2009

"Is there any truth to the rumor...." is an old classic mud slinging method of starting unfounded rumors.  I first heard those EXACT words used to describe this method in a Logic class in 1974.
I doubt these 2009 thru hikers even have names but nice try.  :)

Find 200 2009 PCT hikers names and photos at  www.trailjournals.com/monty2009.

Monty
PCT Class of 2009  ....8, 7, 6, 5, and 4
This is a private response and not affiliated with any orgization, institution, or political party.

PS Also in San Gorgonio Wilderness yesterday!  Love that place.

Lightweight Backpacking
The fun goes up when the weight goes down
-Warner Springs Monty

>I had a nice 3 day trip to the summit of Mt. San Gorgonio this past week and while chatting with a couple of '09 PCT thru's at the top, learned of a rumor that the Cleveland National Forest District is pressuring to end the ADZPCTKO because of the number of hikers that converge into the forest in such a short span of time. Has any one heard of this? If so, is there any truth to the rumor?

Handyrock