[pct-l] Hiking wet

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Tue Nov 24 13:43:49 CST 2009

Englishman, wet, warm - I'm thinking wool.

I did a day (day?  we started about an hour before sunrise) hike in
blowing, freezing rain, wearing trail runners but with pretty heavy
Smartwool socks.

My feet were soaked.  My feet were toasty.  I think I would have been
fine until the water either froze or I took on enough water to act as
more of a heat sink.  To prevent that, keep moving.

BillB