[pct-l] Tarp Experience?

Steve McAllister brooklynkayak at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 06:37:28 CST 2009

I supplement my tarp with a 7oz SMD Meteor Bivy. Great for buggy conditions.
Keeps condensation, wind blown snow and rain off my sleeping bag. It
also acts as ground cloth and adds warmth on cold windy nights.

Titanium Goat, Oware and others make a similar ultralight bivies.

They basically make your tarp like a double wall shelter, but are much
roomier, more comfortable and more flexible than a double wall tent.

This style of bivy is not meant to be used alone and is highly
breathable and comfortable, unlike the heavy waterproof bivies that
make many people feel claustrophobic.