[pct-l] Neo Air

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Mon Nov 30 09:28:52 CST 2009

I haven't had the chance to use the neoair yet, however, it does look like a sweet pad.  In 2006, I used a BigAgnes inflatable (much like the neoair design) and slept very well.  I did not have a single problem or puncture on the entire hike.  I did use a bit more precaution in the desert and ALWAYS used a ground cloth (tyvek) and was careful to check the ground before I setup camp.

The only downside I see with inflatables is the inability to use them has rest pads during breaks, but for me the comfort factor on my 48 year old body was definitely worth the additional weight of the inflatable.

I personally think the neoair is a workable solution for a PCT hike.

Elevator