[pct-l] Tarp vs Tarptent

Steve McAllister brooklynkayak at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 15:30:21 CST 2009

> Bivys can be a bitch to get into and out of unless you go for a side zip.

I agree, most are and I don't mean a hardcore bivy. Something to keep
the bugs off and windblown rain/snow off and it acts as a groundcloth
as well.
I use SMD Meteor bivy. It's easy to get in and out of. I usually only
use it as a ground cloth.
Titanium Goat and others have these.
They don't weigh much more than a groundcloth, but are a godsend in
buggy or wet/windy conditions.

If you do use a bag with good DWR, you may only need a headnet and
groundcloth, but a bug bivy will be more comfy.