[pct-l] Hiking poles

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 30 17:23:52 CST 2009

I am dating a woman from Poland who likes to hike......
(Ba-da-bum...thank you! thank you! Try the buffet!)
(No, seriously, she is from Poland)

Anyway....

Before investing a lot of money in poles, get yourself to goodwill or a used ski store. Buy a pair
of poles for perhaps $10...or sometimes they'll be for free.

Try 'em. You like 'em? Cool. Use them.

Don't like 'em? Buy the more expensive ones.  Worse case scenario is you are out $10 or less. Best case scenario?
You saved yourself $100!

FWIW, I hiked all my long trails with  fixed length ski poles. My current ones were free! :)
They have setup all my tarps or tarp-like shelters just fine.

Not for everyone..but works for me.

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pmags/art