[pct-l] Angeles Crest Highway Reopens

Paul Bodnar paulbodnar at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 30 23:04:53 CST 2009

Today I drove up highway 2 to Three Points (mile marker 403 on the PCT) to see the trail.  The trail looked better than I expected.  Fire damage was bad but it was nice to see unburned areas.

I was impressed with the repair of the highway.  Almost every barrier and sign was replaced.  The road was in pretty good condition from La Canada to Three Points--about 30+ miles.  There were about five one way sections which required waiting for opposing traffic to pass.  But it wasn't too bad.  You can view some of my pictures at

http://picasaweb.google.com/pctdata/Hwy2Pictures#5410093017618599570

Paul