[pct-l] Question about training

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Thu Oct 1 23:16:17 CDT 2009

Even though I only did a section hike in August, I got out and walked
and hiked, sometimes with my pack ballasted with more weight than I
thought I'd carry. I did do several hikes of 5 - 10 miles and 1000'+
elevation gain. When I started on the PCT, I was going slow (~1+ mph)
and sometimes labored up the climbs. But I know I did a lot better and
felt a lot better than if I hadn't conditioned with my pack on. Further
my legs and feet were not sore when I was on the trail and I did NOT get
muscle cramps as I often do.

I had "pre eaten" a lot of my food and used some of it on the trail.
Offsets lack of appetite on the trail.

Tortoise

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

--H. L. Mencken

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>