[pct-l] Fitness..not training

Thomas Jamrog balrog at midcoast.com
Fri Oct 2 12:35:25 CDT 2009

I'm no stick man, and agree with Mags that more than 15 pounds or so
of extra weight before embarking on a long hike on the aging body is a
formula for additional wear and tear on the ligaments and tendons,
especially on the knees.  These machines are the most incredible that
have ever been designed for human transport and who wants to ride in
an electric cart any sooner than we need to?   It's not either or.  If
that weight will go up in smoke  in the first month or so and then you
have to deal with keeping it up, why not be fit right from the start?
Uncle Tom

Blogging about the Great Outdoors
on http://tjamrog.wordpress.com ( hotlink)