[pct-l] Ibuprofen

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Sun Oct 4 15:46:00 CDT 2009

I have two herniated discs in my lower back, a knee with a torn meniscus
and an attenuated ACL, and another knee with an undiagnosed injury (I
fell hard on my kneecap, onto a rock, during a stream crossing this August).
I have been on 800 mg Ibuprofen a couple times a day since June 2007.
My first move was to go to weight watchers and lose 40 pounds.  This
helped but it wasn't enough and I was still in constant pain.
My first environmental modification was to put lumbar supports in all my
chairs and the car seats.  In 2008 I put foam pads on the hard floor in
my kitchen. I got a serious knee brace to support my weak ACL.
In the spring of this year I started wearing Superfeet full time, and
this fall I started attending a water aerobics class at the gym 3-4
times a week.  The pool work seems to have pushed me over the edge, and
I am off all pain meds!!!!!  (I am a 53 year old female, 5'10", 150 lb.)
So there are many routes to consider besides chemicals.
Marion