[pct-l] water south of Walker Pass

Janet Grossman janetgr at cableone.net
Mon Oct 5 07:54:44 CDT 2009

Barney's right that you should check out the water report. But when I talked to Mary about their caches at Kelso Valley Road and Bird Spring Pass, she specifically said she and her husband maintain them all year.
Janet

I bailed off the PCT at Red's Meadow today after watching the sierras turn to winter today. I am heading down to Walker Pass to hike in the desert for a while, but am feeling very sad about having to break my continuous line from Canada to Mexico. I can't believe I am going to miss the Sierra. How are the other SOBOs doing out there? I know Tortoise and Ms. Parkay were hoping to be over forester by tomorrow... Hope you don't have to plow through too much snow. I am also wondering about water caches in the desert. Does anyone know of people I can contact to see about cache maintenance? Thanks! Sage