[pct-l] PCT list serve--Sage How are you?

Mary Kwart mkwart at gci.net
Wed Oct 7 13:28:35 CDT 2009

Hello Sage:

I think you made a good decision to go back to the trail. These early Sierra storms usually don't leave enough snow to be a problem and it looks like clear weather for the next week. I met you near the Lake Britton Dam above Burney Falls--I was doing that section.

I am concerned about the weather, too, because I will be climbing Matterhorn Peak in Northern Yosemite with my boyfriend and his son this weekend.

For evac routes, I always carry a National Forest map or National Park map that may be planimetric (no topo lines) but shows the general area and all the dirt roads leading from trails to "civilization"--which in the national forest may be considerable. Good luck--it should be beautiful!!

--Fireweed