[pct-l] PCT Closure

David Ellzey david at xpletive.com
Thu Oct 8 14:04:35 CDT 2009

Squatch,

Not sure what your PCTA source is referring to but I highly doubt they will open the much if any of the burned section this year. If fact, I would not be surprised if it was closed all of next summer. The burn was not just massive but very severe and it will likely take a while before the NFS even allows the PCTA access to clear the trail.

After the rains the winter it there may be quite a places where the trail will need serious work:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-mudslide-risk7-2009oct07,0,7370064.story

I hope I am wrong but I live a mere block from the edge of the burn and so have been following the reports closely - this is one very bad burn...

Dave