[pct-l] PCT Closure

Postholer public at postholer.com
Thu Oct 8 15:18:49 CDT 2009

The article failed to mention an El Nino advisory lasting will into the
winter, which potentially means above normal rain for SoCal.

Also, a 12-hour steady rain as mentioned in the article is fairly common for
the mountains, given you have a whole winter to realize it.

A worst case scenario would be an early, heavy snowfall, followed by heavy,
warm El Nino type rain. Remember, sections of Hwy 2 completely disappeared
during the 2005 winter onslaught and took a couple years for that road to
open? (not El Nino, though)

-postholer

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-mudslide-risk7-2009oct07,0,7370064.story