[pct-l] Apple iphone Charging

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Tue Oct 13 13:31:25 CDT 2009

Awesome info!

I have been looking at the Powerfilm products (I have other things
that use AA as well as potentially iPhone charging) but don't want to
buy every one that _might_ work.  I've been doing that for iPhone apps
(within reason) for testing, but that's a LOT less $$$.

I have gotten devices that would not charge my iPhone 3GS (of iPod
touch 2G) to work by NOT using the stupid cable that came with it and
using different cables (Lenmar battery packs are a good example).

With your 3G and the 3-4 day battery life, that must have been casual,
periodic, use.  If you leave it in a GPS app with tracking (where it
cannot go to sleep) the longest I have gotten is about 4.5 HOURS.

Also, you can turn off BT, and wifi, and push/pull data; but you
cannot turn off EDGE without going into "Airplane mode" and that turns
off the GPS functions as well.  (But the compass in the 3GS continues
to function.)

BTW:  I LOVE my Otterbox Defender case!  (I got the Black and Yellow
version, I tried to get my GF to get the pink one and she almost went
for it, but didn't like the increase in size - though I didn't think
it was that much)

BillB