[pct-l] Basecamp searched

LOUIE KROLL louie.kroll at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 02:58:22 CDT 2009

Skip the resupply headaches.  As I am planning my 2010 border to border,
nothing made me more nervous then trying to figure out how to plan, pay
for and ship all of those packages.  After reading some quality
testimonials, I realized there is no reason I can't shop/fish my way
along the whole trail.  Think of the money that can be saved in postage
alone!  Of course I will carry some essentials for the unexpected, but
beyond that, this choice adds another element of excitement to the whole
enterprise.

On an unrelated note, I don't know what your comfort level is with snow
travel and winter camping, but I'm leaving on April 1st.  Regardless of
the size of the snow pack.  In my way of thinking, trying to gain a half
or a full month of extra time means I get to take that many more side
trips, that many more fishing days, and that much more time to sleep in
and cook those fish.  I'm not necessarily looking for a trail partner,
but having some back up when it gets steep and deep isn't such a bad
idea either.  I'll remain interested in hearing what choices you have made.

Louie