[pct-l] Timerbline lodge

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sat Oct 17 08:42:41 CDT 2009

On Oct 16, 2009, at 9:45 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:
> after you've had your fill at the amazing Timberline buffet
> breakfast, resolve to spend an hour or so looking around the
> Lodge.  Watch
> the 10-minute documentary downstairs on the building of the lodge,
> maybe
> catch the Ranger's tour, check out the small museum.  It's worth
> your while.

I didn't watch the documentary but learning about the history of the
lodge gave me an even bigger appreciation for the trail, too. What
they were able to accomplish back then was truly amazing.

Later I did see the documentary while staying at the lodge. They even
made all the furniture and everything from trees right on site. If it
had been built today they would have ordered ugly, short-lived
furniture from China.