[pct-l] Supertramp's hike

Robert W. Freed robert at engravingpros.com
Sun Oct 18 17:50:42 CDT 2009

Yeah, I always imagined Evolution basin being a wonderful place of beauty.

The first time I saw it I realized what a hellish, desolate and remote place it is.

In 2007 I finally got a taste when I got caught in a early winter storm. Hurricane
force winds, freezing temperatures and constant avalanches with no where to
hide.

Don't get me wrong, it is beautiful in it's own way. Kind of like being on the moon.
I think they named it Evolution because it is what it looked like before there was
any life on Earth, even plants.

Being there in the dead of winter would be... worse.