[pct-l] Thanks

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Mon Oct 19 09:01:27 CDT 2009

Randy Fitch wrote:
> I defienetly am going to carry a tent! Maybe a three season around
> 3lbs. or a tarptent the Sublite and use a hiking pole at 15oz!

A 3-lb tent is a lot of weight to carry, especially for a piece of gear
you will not be using most days on the trail. Take the tarptent. If you
really are married to the idea of a 3-lb tent, mail it to yourself at
Cascade Locks.

The extra 2 lbs is a lot of extra weight to carry for 5 months for a
piece of gear you will only be using, perhaps, 1 night out of 10.