[pct-l] GPS and Software for Map-making

Jim BayGarden jkeener at baygardeners.com
Mon Oct 19 16:29:32 CDT 2009

Greetings,

I am undertaking the map tracing for the Bay Area Ridge Trail. I
looked for maps online, and finding none, decided to come up with some
on my own. I'm new to this, and got in touch with Scott, who advised
me to make good traces and use widely available mapping software. So
that's what I shall do.

GPS: which one is best for this job. And the software to store the
data I collect. Which should I use? Any other advice appropriate?

Newby questions, but then that's appropriate.

Walk well,
Jim Keener ( J J )
http://baygardeners.com