[pct-l] Fall/winter hiking

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Mon Oct 19 22:40:11 CDT 2009

Canyon Ed,

You've been listening to those canyon rangers to much. When they wouldn't
give us a permit to camp in the canyon last year we did a rim-to-rim on our
AZT hike.  So much for getting red-carded. The Forest Service said it was 25
miles with 6000 feet of elevation gain with temps into 3 digits

Yeah, it was hard, but really no worse than many other days on the trails.
And one of the most spectacular hikes we've done. Gotta get back down there

...GottaWalk
Ken