[pct-l] Finished hiking

Tamsin McMahon tamsinrm at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 22 20:11:28 CDT 2009

Hello all,

I e-mailed the list from Skykomish a little while ago about how we were still out here hiking despite the poor weather and were trying to make it all the way. Lots of people e-mailed me, mostly encouraging words. Thank you so much, it really helped.

 I just wanted to let those who are interested know that we crossed the border Tuesday afternoon without having to skip around any trail. We didn't encounter much snow and the weather was rainy but warm.

Anyway, we may have been the last thru-hikers of the season (although the Dinsmores and the Stehekin post office both reported getting a hiker box the day we were there, so there may be some intrepid soul out there). If we were the last, it's an honour. The trail was amazing and I really appreciate those who took the time to e-mail me and give me encouragement.

Tamsin/Starlet