[pct-l] crampons

Brick Robbins brick at fastpack.com
Fri Oct 23 14:01:46 CDT 2009

I think that if you have an ice axe you are pretty much set. I know of
at least one hiker that slipped and fell with trekking poles, but no
ice axe, and died as a result of the fall.

Depending on the conditions, some sort of traction device (screws, the
various devices recently discussed) might be nice, but are not
essential.

Also Mountaineering crampons (10 or 12 point)  are probably more of a
danger than a help.

HYOH