[pct-l] Sierra hikers misuse portable GPS trackers

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Sun Oct 25 19:58:05 CDT 2009

Good evening, Linda,

Resistance may be futile:  If your family persists some day you may feel a
sharp pain in your hindquarters, and when you awake you’ll have a DayGlo
orange, plastic, radio collar riveted around your neck; an aluminum I.D. tag
hanging from your earlobe; a small, subcutaneous microchip at the nap of
your neck, and a large number spray-painted on your back.

All that makes SPOT seem less undesirable, huh?  At least SPOT has an “off”
switch.

Steel-Eye

Hiking the Pct since before it was the PCT -- 1965

 http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

 http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09