[pct-l] you all rock!! & town info

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Tue Oct 27 10:37:02 CDT 2009

I make my own town info pages, from Inet research  (maps, business info,
etc), Yogi's PCT Handbook, the out of print  PCT Town Guide, and paying
attention to pct-l posts. It's a MS Word .doc, using  a 7.5 pt font, of business
categories, business names, minimum address, phone  numbers, & operating
hours. Specific PCT Hiker info or discount info in  green text; caveats, from
Yogi or others, are in red text - such as Saturday PO  info. Compact, precise
info saves me time in town. Just my anal way  of  hike prep.
    A good for instance is coffee shops; no one lists  them, but they're on
the Inet. I don't need or miss coffee on a trail, but like  to hang out in
them in town. Up to date lodging info is also on the Inet.

Bob  "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen, and...
Naturalized Citizen - Republic  of Texas

In a message dated 10/20/2009 9:45:37 P.M. Central Daylight Time,