[pct-l] Old Time Backpacking Stores

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Tue Oct 27 19:18:23 CDT 2009

I remember the Sierra Designs store & factory in Berkeley.  I called in
sick one day to go to their annual sale.  It was a BIG event.  Lots of
their new gear at 50% off or so because of minor problems like the color
of the hood didn't match the jacket, or a few stray needle holes. Bought
a great down jacket there -- orange as I recall. The line for the sale
stretched around the block and they only let so many in at a time.

Sore was also a great place to buy BP gear before REI came to town.

Tortoise

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

--H. L. Mencken

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>