[pct-l] Taping for PF injury and the awesome Death Valley DVD

Cris cj5w4wd at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 5 17:07:39 CDT 2009

Two unrelated subjects.

Plantar Fasciitis.  When I developed this painful condition after mile 50 on
Section I of my section hike I was thinking that if I knew how to tape it,
that would help me make the 20+ miles to finish. It turned out my instinct
was right.  I am taping now as I recover and it makes a world of difference.
I found the taping pattern at wwww.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist.
Most of you carry some white first aid tape but even duct tape would work.
Here at home I am using kinesio tape and getting good results.  It would be
a good thing to know how to do this (like draw a diagram for your first aid
kit) since the injury seems to be pretty common in middle age folks like me.
You will know you have it when the first step in the morning is
excruciatingly painful!

***disclaimer*** I have no medical training whatsoever (but I play an active
role in my recovery from many mishaps over the years).
Second subject, Living Death Valley DVD is absolutely awe inspiring
incredible!!!  It is a must see, must see again, and again...

Cris
...mountains don't tolerate fools...