[pct-l] step by step and section by section

David Hough on pct-l pcnst2001 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 5 23:52:26 CDT 2009

My ten year plan to section hike the PCT may actually come in on
schedule in one more year.     Thanks to an enthusiastic Sierra Club
group, and despite fires to the south and fires to the north, last week
I was able to take advantage of car shuttles and car key exchanges
to cover all the ground from Grider Creek Campground to Callahan's.

Photo coverage of those efforts is at

http://pcnst.oakapple.net/photo/nc-pct/r/

and

http://pcnst.oakapple.net/photo/or-pct/a/

The typical northbound through hiker comes through this area about a
month earlier than I did.   We encountered one southbound through hiker.

The remainder of my ten year plan is at

http://pcnst.oakapple.net/future/