[pct-l] fuel

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Sep 7 13:56:58 CDT 2009

On Aug 12, 2009, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Message: 6
> Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 08:53:51 -0700
> From: PCT 2010 <pct2010 at hotmail.com>
> Subject: [pct-l] fuel
> To: <pct-l at backcountry.net>
>

> What is the availability of either fuel fuel cannisters or alcohol
> stove fuel along whole trail?

I always found enough alcohol for my alcohol stove. Usually if I had
to buy any, which wasn't every time since I sometimes found it in
hiker boxes, there would be some left over that I would leave in a
hiker box.

I usually saw some canisters in hiker boxes. Not using a canister
stove, I never looked for them in stores so I can't comment about
that, but I've heard you can get them often enough.