[pct-l] mosquitoes

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Mon Sep 7 14:56:37 CDT 2009

I have to agree about Oregon mosquitoes.  We took a road trip thru
CA-OR-WA_BC in August, after a couple weeks on the trail in the high
sierras.  The sierras mosquitoes (in August) were pretty mellow this
year.  They are slow moving, easy to swat, and slow to bite.  But the
Oregon mosquitoes were much larger, more wary, quick to bite, and quite
hard to swat.  They seem more durable somehow.  I still have about 50
scabs on me from the bites I got three weeks ago in Oregon.  The WA and
BC bugs were tiny
and minimal.